Friday, 9 September 2011
Thursday, 8 September 2011
1. Aanewala pal
I am a Kishore Kumar fan and this one is my favorite Kishore number. The deep voice just suits Amol Palekar so perfectly.
2. Tum pukar lo
One of my favorite from the 60s era. Hemant Kumar's velvety voice is so mesmerizing. I have some romantic memories attached to this song too... :)
Wednesday, 7 September 2011
1. Jane bhi do yaron
Its a cult movie and the best dark comedy ever made in India. I love the satire and simplicity of the plot. And of-course it has my favorite actors Naseer, Om Puri, Pankaj Kapoor and Ravi Vaswani. The Mahabharat seen in the climax is one of the funniest scenes.
I love how Hrishikesh Mukherjee made simple stories into such beautiful films. This is his masterpiece.
Besides being my favorite Angoor is kind of family film for me. My dad and sisters (including me) can't meet without mouthing a dialogue or two from this movie
Tuesday, 6 September 2011
1. Midnight's Children
I was an avid reader as a kid but the habit took a backseat as I grew up. It came back to life once I read Midnight's Children. I love Rushdie's style of writing and his imagination.
2. The Fountainhead
For the philosophy it delves into. I usually take time to finish a book but this one I finished within a week.
3. The Godfather
Godfather is a masterpiece. I had already seen the movie when i read the book still it was equally gripping.
4. Harry Potter Series
Yes, I am an adult and in love with HP series. I like the wild imagination and the whole magic thing. Feel like a kid again.
10 day YOU challenge | 5 Foods
Monday, 5 September 2011
This is something i totally lurrrrve from my mom's kitchen. Will give up anything to eat some steamy rice with soupy rajma, bhindi and cucumber ka raita. Slurrp!
2. Shami kebabs
Nobody cooks it better than my dad, not even the much hyped Tunda in Lucknow. They taste splendid with green chutney and onions.
This is something I love from my own kitchen :D. I love making pasta and eating it too.
Give me any kind of salad with any dressing and I'll eat it. Just throw in some boiled or grilled chicken.
I am not an early riser but for some fresh, hot and crispy jalebis i can wake up even at dawn.
Sunday, 4 September 2011
Since I haven't traveled the whole world, I'll list the six places I would like to visit.
Saturday, 3 September 2011
- Publish a book: I don't know what it'll be about but I definitely want that.
- World tour: Huh! wild dream.
- Tattoo: As soon as I think of a killer design.
- Try every cuisine
- A house by the ocean: No, not in Juhu. Somewhere in Goa maybe.
- Be as thin as I was five years back: I wish...I wish...I wish...
- Create a home library for books: I already have a small one :)
Friday, 2 September 2011
Day 3....my 8 fears.
- Heights: I am scared of heights...dead scared...
- Roller-coaster: Nothing can make me sit on one...nothing.
- Dogs: I try to stay as far away from them as possible...period.
- Writer's block: I am afraid of not being able to write one day. What if I stop getting ideas? :(
- Losing a job: That's actually stupid but yeah I do fear the thought sometimes.
- Getting fat: Self explanatory.
- Brain explosion: Sometimes I feel that there is so much going on in my head that it'll explode.
- Pak beating India in cricket: That's one thought that dreaded me in school. It still does to a certain extent.
Thursday, 1 September 2011
Today is the day for 9 loves. This was pretty easy cos I can definitely count more than nine. Here they are:
- Family: I know it sounds cliche but my family is my first love. My husband, parents and sisters...I just can't survive without them. My friends also come in this category cos whoever is close to me is as good as my family.
- Books: I don't just love them...I obsess after them. They are an essential part of my existence.
- Writing/Blogging: I blog for the love of writing and write to earn. I guess that explains my love. :)
- Food/cooking: I am a foodie....I like experimenting with new cuisines and the love for food translates in my cooking too. I think its a big stress buster.
- Theatre: This is something I've grown up on. Watching my dad acting/directing plays and acting in a few myself as a kid. Even today I love an occasional visit to Prithvi Theatre.
- Music: There's no greater love than the love for music...that goes without saying and that's my love too. And if it's Kishore Da or Jazz I love it even more.
- Traveling: If you haven't traveled you haven't lived...that's what I believe.
- Independence: I am quiet an independent person and protect my independence quiet fiercely.
- Ocean: I am more of a sea person than mountain. It's depth calms me down.